Purpose: The fundamental goal of any respiratory protection program is to protect workers against any adverse health effect caused by inhalation of contaminants in the work environment. Respiratory protection programs also protect residents, patients, and visitors.
- Facilities need to have a functioning respiratory protection program as a part of routine operations.
- Facilities need to ensure medical evaluation, initial and annual fit testing
- Staff need to be educated/trained on proper respirator use (e.g., user seal checks, use, care, storage, maintenance, etc.)
- Facilities should return to contingency supply strategies.
- Webinar – (recording/powerpoint), Title RESPIRATORY PROTECTION IN LTC SETTINGS (From the July 14th presentation)
- Template Respiratory Protection Plan with a Medical Clearance form
- Line List for tracking staff fit-testing/respiratory type