By completing this series of modules, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe the use of standard precautions.
- Describe droplet and airborne precautions and when to use them.
- Demonstrate hand hygiene skills and practices.
- Employ personal protective equipment for infection prevention.
- Apply best practices for safely handling potentially contaminated equipment or surfaces in the resident environment.
- Identify and describe environmental procedures and practices that prevent and control infection.
Continuing Education Modules
This 1.5 hour module, developed in March 2017, covers OSHA regulation topics for Biological Hazards in extended care facilities. This course is recommended for all
Bloodborne Pathogens for Clinical Staff
This 1.5 hour module, developed in December 2016, covers OSHA regulation topics for Bloodborne Pathogens for staff who are involved in direct patient care. This course is recommended for nursing staff, nursing assistants, and management staff.
Bloodborne Pathogens for Non-Clinical Staff
This 1.5 hour module, developed in December 2016, covers OSHA regulation topics related to Bloodborne Pathogens for Non-Clinical Staff. This course is recommended for laundry, housekeeping, maintenance, dietary, and office staff, as well as volunteers.