By completing this series of modules, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe the use of standard precautions.
- Describe droplet and airborne precautions and when to use them.
- Demonstrate hand hygiene skills and practices.
- Employ personal protective equipment for infection prevention.
- Apply best practices for safely handling potentially contaminated equipment or surfaces in the resident environment.
- Identify and describe environmental procedures and practices that prevent and control infection.
- Describe safe injection practices.
- Identify isolation precautions and when they may be necessary.